Be it any condition, a healthy diet is a road to fast recovery. Watch this video for some quick and easy recipes to help you recover from Urinary Tract Infection!
Urinary Tract Infection
The urinary tract consists of the kidneys, ureters, bladder and the urethra. Kidneys remove the toxins and the waste products from the body in form of urine. Ureters carry this urine to the bladder, from where the urethra passes it to the outside. An infection anywhere in this tract is referred to as a urinary tract infection or UTI.
• Entry of bacteria in urinary tract
• Kidney stones
• Enlarged prostate
• Frequent urination
• Pain or burning sensation while urinating
• Foul smelling urine
Food groups to consume in urinary tract infection:
1.Antioxidant Rich Foods Increase body’s immunity
Foods to consume: Tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, green leafy vegetables & fruits like grapes, strawberries, cherries, plums and prunes
2. Hippuric acid: Prevents bacteria from entering the urethra
Foods to consume: Cranberries
3. Anti-bacterial Foods Help fight bacteria & soothe inflammation in the urinary tract
Foods to consume: Onion, garlic and pineapple
4. Probiotic foods: Adds good bacteria in the gut
Foods to consume: Yogurt and buttermilk
5. Water: Help flush toxins from the body
Recipes based on the above food groups:
Recipe 1: Cranberry grape smoothie
1. Add 1 cup cranberries in a blender
2. Add 1 ½ cup of grape juice to it
3. Chop and add 1 ripe banana
4. Then add 1 cup low fat yogurt
5. Blend all this until smooth
6. Add ice cubes and serve chilled
If you want, you can also add some antioxidant rich blueberries to this smoothie
Recipe 2: Barley water
1. Put 1 cup water in a pressure cooker.
2. Add 1 tbsp barley.
3. Add a small piece of jaggery.
4. Pressure cook this mixture for 10 minutes or for 6-7 whistles.
5. Let the mixture cool
6. Add this to a blender & blend well
7. Strain it
8. Add ½ tsp lemon juice.
9. Mix well & drink
• Avoid refined, processed, fried and sugary foods
SUBSCRIBE TO HOMEVEDA NUTRITION:
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK:
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: