We are all familiar with aluminium foil and its use in the kitchen, but what you may not know, is that it can be used for our health as well. You can use aluminium foil as an effective treatment of rheumatic pain, burns as well as eye bags. Chinese and Russian natural healers commonly use aluminium foil in their healing practices.
According to number of studies, aluminium foil is extremely beneficial in the treatment of:
- posoperative scars,
- muscular pain,
- back, neck, arm, leg and joint pain;
- has effect on inflammatory processes
Flue and Cold Treatment
Some people want to avoid antibiotics when they have a cold, so aluminium is the right solution in fighting infections. This foil treatment can help you get over a strong cold in a just couple of days in a completely safe and natural way.
- Wrap your feet with 5 to 7 layers of foil before putting a cotton or paper between the layers.
- Before removing it, leave it to stay for an hour.
- Repeat the procedure 2 hours later using a new wrap.
- Again leave it for an hour.
- Repeat the same procedure another time after 2 hours brake.
- Continue this treatment for seven days.
Aluminium foil wraps against muscle and joint pain
In order to relieve pain in your neck, back, arms, legs and joints, try using this natural medicine treatment.
- Wrap the painfol area on your body with an aluminium foil
- Fix it well with a bandage
- Leave it during the day or overnight to act properly
- Even if the pain affects your arms, elbows, knees or legs, wrap the foil around your extremity fastening it with a bandage.
- Repeat this treatment for 10-12 days and then take a break of 1 or 2 weeks.
- Repeat the treatment if the pain continues.
Treating insomnia and fatique
A number of beauticians and makeup artists use this facial treatment with aluminium foil since it can refresh and reenergize your face after a sleepless night.
- Put some aluminium foil strips in a freezer for a few hours.
- Choose the areas on your face you want to treat and apply these frozen stripes.
- Leave them to act for several minutes or until you feel your facial muscles have relaxed.
- Once you remove the stripes, you will notice that the signs of fatique, insomnia and stress on your face have disappeared.
Aluminium foil for Burns
Aluminum foil can successfully alleviate the pain from burns caused by fire, hot water, oil, steam and other liquids.
- Hold the burning under a cold running water for a several minutes.
- Dry the burned area with a ceal soft cloth if the skin is not damaged.
- Use sterile gauze to absorb the water from the wound if the skin is damaged.
- To prevent the guaze sticking to the wound, dry the wound carefully before applying a thin layer of ointment.
- Cover the wound with a sterile gauze.
- Put some aluminum foil over the burn (if the burn is not open) or over the gauze (in case of an open burn) and fasten it with some bandage.
- Leave the foil until the pain diminishes.
Alleviating post-amputation or phantom pain
Some researches discovered that aluminium pain can be helpful in aleviating the pain after an amputation of an extremity, also known as phantom pain.
The British Journal of Pain published a study which revealed that those patients who had their limbs wrapped in aluminium foil felt far milder pain that those who did not undergo such treatment.
- Wrap some aluminium foil around the amputated limb.
- Make sure to fasten it with a bandage
- Remove once the pain lessens or disappears.
Which side to use?
Both sides of the aliminium foil are used just in different ways. For warming and keeping the heat in the body part you are treating, use the shiny side on the inside, directly to the skin, while keeping it the matte side on the outside. In the treatment for cooling and heat protection, chage the sides of the foil.
However, many health practitioners believe that both sides of aluminum foil are just as efficient so it makes no difference which side you use.